Math mate term 4 sheet 6 due Friday
Complete your coordinates puzzle
Updates for the upcoming weeksThere are a few important things happening in the last few days of Grade 5.
Sport day will be on Friday 27th May 7.30 - 11:30 am
This is an Inter House event and all students need to have the following for the day:
1) Swim suit, goggles(optional), swim cap(optional) or long hair tied back, towel and everything in a bag
2) Inter-House t-shirt on, shorts, athletic shoes. No sandals or crocs should be worn
3) Water bottle and hat
4) PE T shirt for the end of the day lesson
All parents are welcome to come and support!
The Transition day that was supposed to take place on Tuesday, 24 MAY has been moved to Monday, 6 JUN as per Secondary School’s request. Please plan to drop off your children at 8:00 at the front gates of IST Secondary where there will be Grade 5 and Secondary staff waiting to greet everyone. During this trip students will take in some lessons with secondary staff and learn the layout of the campus. Students will need to be picked up from IST Secondary at 2.30.
- The graduation ceremony is Friday 3 JUN at 12:30
- The ceremony will take place in the Covered Court
- Students are requested to wear smart clothes to suit the occasion. Girls can wear dresses but do not need to if they prefer trousers.
- Students are requested to come into school at the normal time in their IST uniform, as the morning will be a regular day. We have the big ASA assembly first thing, regular classes and break.
- Students will be allowed ample time to get changed into their graduation clothes and eat lunch.
- The ceremony should last around 60 minutes.
- Siblings at IST are welcome to come, but please ask their class teachers.
- The graduation disco will take place on Friday, 3 JUN from 17:00 to 19:00 in the Elementary Staff Room.
- Students need to go home after graduation and return to the school for the disco.
- There will be a classroom open for parents to hang out in so their kids can be left in peace and dancing.
Field Trip to Bagamoyo
The Grade 5 team is planning one last "day trip to Bagamoyo" on Tuesday, 7 JUN, leaving at 7:30 and returning after school is normally dismissed. A Risk Assessment form will be sent home. Because we plan on arriving back to Dar es Salaam later, we’re giving parents an option to pick up their children from either
- IST Secondary at 15:15, or
- IST Elementary at 15:30.
Although many students have already visited Bagamoyo, we have decided to revisit Bagamoyo in Grade 5, as there is a large Christian mission there and many mosques. Bagamoyo is a small coastal village and highlights religious harmony in Tanzania.